Sunday 20 April 2014

Easter Baskets

I have a few little ones in my life and being the great aunt that I am I wanted to get them a few Easter treats when we visited the homeland last weekend but I have to say the Easter aisle of Tesco (other supermarkets are available) didn't really call to me. 

A sneaky visit to Aldi and after finding a few supplies I was inspired to make these extra cute Easter baskets full of Easter goodies which in my opinion are far better than a really commercial Easter egg. 


These buckets were 99p each and I thought the kids would get to use these again for their egg hunts this weekend.


Next it was for the chocolate treats. I just love all of the bright colours. 


The center piece was the chocolate rabbit a total rip off of the more expensive version but only 75p!


 Look how cute...



I have a roll of cellophane that probably cost a couple of quid from eBay which I got before Christmas a couple of years ago. I think wrapping up gifts in this always makes them look so much more professional and like you have put a lot of effort into your wrapping when really it is so easy. 


I found these cute little tags after searching for 'free Easter printables'. 


Here is the finished product. Super easy, super cheap coming in at around £3.00 each and way more personal than any prepacked chocolate egg. I can assure you the little ones loved them as well.

Happy Easter and I hope that the Easter bunny has visited you.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had an Aldi near me, those non-Easter egg buckets would be super cute for all sorts of things.

    I love what you did with them and how inexpensive it was to do something unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa

      Thanks for your comment. I couldn't believe how inexpensive they were to make and your right I should have picked up a few extras as they would be great for growing herbs or little plants in as well or for holding make up brushes on my dressing table!

      Delete