Wednesday 4 December 2013

Laura Mercier Shimmer Effect Mini Caviar Stick Eye Colour Collection

This was a case of not being able to resist after spying these in the Space NK Christmas 'lust-fest' catalogue. 



I am loving cream shadows at the moment and think they are really having their moment with both high end brands and in the drug store. Although, I have stuck with potted colour from Bobbi, Smashbox, Maybelline and even more recently Bourjois but I haven't really been impressed with their crayon cousins..I am looking at you Chubby Sticks.


This Christmas set contains four miniture eye crayons in great wearable shades which are brightening and vibrant even in one swipe. Whilst all very wearable I don't think that I would be able to use all three of the light shades together which does limit them as a package but the darker colour (amethyst) does work with all of them individually.

Below and above from left to right are the colours: rose gold, amethyst, pink opal and sugar frost. In the swatches I've included one swipe on the left followed by a double swipe on the left.


Amethyst is a really deep shade and works well in the crease for a blended out smokey eye or flicked out into a cat eye using a MAC 217. The lighter colour 'sugar frost' has been functioning as an easy to use highlighter on the brow bone and inner corner of the eye. 

For me though the winner is the rose gold. Mainly because I have been amassing a huge collection of rose gold shades in both powder and cream formulas. I am just loving this shade right now. I used this crayon for a muted day look and even without primer it lasted all day with no creasing. 

A great little stocking filler or just a Christmas treat for yourself. Found here at Space NK.

No comments:

Post a Comment