Thursday 13 June 2013

My First Mac

When your reading beauty blogs, it is difficult to get away from the obsession with MAC, and so on a quiet Saturday I headed over to Bath and spent the majority of my afternoon swatching away at all the gorgeous lotions and potions!

It is a brand that throughout uni I used to covet, but I had never indulged in, and on this trip I wasn't looking for anything specific, but I knew that I would probably be improving on my lipstick collection (virtually non-existent) and in the back of my head I was already thinking about a rose gold eyeshadow. 



I was originally looking at the more traditional nude shades such as creme cup and nude creme but whilst doing some random tests I was really impressed with Viva Glam 5. The picture above makes it look like a red brown shade, but it is really a sheer natural pink with sparkle running through it, so it is not a block colour. I was so impressed with the pigmentation of this. One swipe gives my lips a natural sheen, and a couple of swipes will give a rich 'night time appropriate' colour. 





My next purchase seems to be something that all 'Mac-onistas' have in their collection "All That Glitters". A very neutral rose gold. I am so totally in love with this eye shadow. A quick swipe will provide a totally day appropriate wash of shimmer on the lids, or it can be built up and used as the base of a bronze smokey eye. This is a shimmery colour, and I think that's a given considering its name, but who doesn't love that occasionally. 

I now spend hours pawning over all the beautiful colours on the Mac counter whenever I get a chance but have yet to indulge in a further eyeshadow purchase at least! 

Do you remember your first Mac? 

No comments:

Post a Comment