Monday 25 February 2013

Real Techniques Stippling Brush

Unless you've been hiding in a brown paper bag, you will have failed to notice the 'Real Technique' brushes all over blogs. Now I have quite a well established collection of brushes from Bobbi, Front Cover and Benefit, and I'm not too keen on having lots of repeats. However, I have always struggled with  foundation brushes. I have a traditional flat brush from Body Shop but wouldn't say it was going to set the world alight, and so tended to use my fingers for putting on my foundation. 

I saw a lot of reviews about the stippling brush, and I have to say it was not something I had heard of or would have even paid attention to before starting to read blogs, and I was keen to give it a try, as it seemed that the 'airbrushed' look I so crave is almost achievable with this brush.

I like the look of this brush. The brushed aluminum pink casing, with rubberised tip. The soft bristles that are 'bleached' at the end to provide a flecked appearance. It certainly brightens up the dressing table.



The effect this brush creates with some foundations does not disappoint. I really am very impressed. It does not give the same effect with every foundation in my limited collection, which shows that each product has it's own likes and dislikes when being applied.

It has most definitely made a difference with my everyday foundation (Rimmel Wake Me Up), and after an application with this it makes my skin look almost flawless. 

This has been a most welcome addition to my make up bag and I'm so glad that my arm didn't have to be twisted too much to make this purchase! I may even be tempted to add a couple more brushes to the collection.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award and if you would like the details follow this link:

    http://justinawho.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love makeup reviews! I just got an airbrush foundation brush from Ulta and a concealer one from Sephora. So far I love them! New follower also.

    Maria
    Keepingitstepford.com

    ReplyDelete