Sunday 10 February 2013

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Special Edition

 

This is not me jumping on the bandwagon, this has been a 7 year love affair! I was first introduced  to this in 2005 by my best friend at university. She had been using the product for a while, as she suffered with acne, but had heard that it was also suitable for people with sensitive and dry skin. So I made my first on line order and that was it, I was hooked!

It's difficult to remember what I used before this cleanser, but I don't think it was anything special, possibly something from Simple or what I could steal from my mums dressing table!

To be fair, there isn't much I can say about this product that isn't already all over the blogosphere. If you want gentle, yet effective cleansing then this is the product that you need to try. There are literally no alternatives. In a bid to be thrifty, I have tried the Superdrug version, the sanctuary version and the No.7 attempt at a hot cloth cleanser. They were all left unfinished, because they were too harsh for my skin, or didn't give quite the same results!

I love; the smell, the texture, it's ability to remove all my make up in pretty much one sweep and the way your skin gets a fresh glow after using it. 

I actually follow with the Liz Earle toner and then a moisturiser of my choice, which is currently the Botanics Facial Oil (review to follow) because I had an allergic reaction to the Liz Earle moisturiser the first time I used it. 

The last time I went online to re-purchase some of my key products, I saw that they had this limited edition cleanse and polish available. I love the smell of lavender and I know that rose is brightening and calming for sensitive skin. We also do a lot of fundraising and volunteering for The Prince's Trust at work so I figured it was a win:win situation.

Personally, I do prefer the smell of the original over this limited edition, but the formula is still perfect. The bottle is also double the size of the normal pump bottle, so I certainly got a lot of product for my money. 

Tempted to give it a go...I cannot recommend this enough.

Katie x 

1 comment:

  1. I love Cleanse & Polish but sadly it doesn't love me :( It always breaks me out. I've tried twice with it over the last few years and had to stop using it. It's so enjoyable to use as well!

    Nicola xo - babblesaboutbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete