Tuesday 18 September 2012

Getting to know me - 5 post challenge


OK so time for post 2 of my Getting To Know Me series.

This one has proved to be quite difficult. Mainly because, and I'm going to throw it out here now, I'm not really a music person. My taste in music is questionable to say the least, and I am not the type of person that insists on having noise around me all the time, in fact I would prefer silence or an episode of friends/sex in the city in the background. I suppose it is just not something that I get excited about.

1. Always Something There to Remind Me - Dionne Warwick

Who didn't love Heartbeat on a Sunday night, a family friendly Police drama set in the Yorkshire dales. Great sixties fashion and a soundtrack to go with it. We had the Heartbeat album in the car on cassette (I know), and for some reason I just loved this song. Whenever it came on, I would want the music up full blast and would screech away. Inevitably the whole family joined in. So I suppose this reminds me of family nights around the tv and family road trips singing along. Good times.

2. Stronger - Kelly Clarkson

Just my favourite song of the moment, to my husbands despair when the radio goes on full blast and I sing at the top of my lungs. I just get a real sense of empowerment from the lyrics even though it is not a situation I can relate to, I know it is a situation some of closest friends can, so I suppose I sing it for them.

3. Never Forget - Take That

This song just happens to appear at key moments of my life. It was definitely one of the last songs that was played when I left sixth form, and university. It is a song my hockey team request at the end of every hockey festival that we attend over Easter and it has been played at the end of every Dinsdale family party and wedding, including my own.

At my own wedding, it was very strange. All of a sudden we were encircled by all of our friends, all singing at the top of their voices and there was just this huge sense of excitement, emotion and love - it was wonderful.

So I suppose it now has a great sentimental value to it, because this was honestly one of the happiest moments of my life.

4. Mr Brightside - The Killers

Who doesn't remember this song from many a student union night. It just honestly reminds me of fun, fun drunken times with my uni besties. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment