Monday 27 August 2012

Some Bank Holiday Organisation

Hi guys, how was your bank holiday? I hope you were doing something exciting. The husband and I had a lovely date night on Friday, followed by a day of shopping for me on Saturday! The last couple of days have been spent doing a bit of DIY and organising, and that is what brings me to this post.

Mr Nicholls and I moved into our new house less than a year ago and we are still sorting through things. I have yet to find the perfect dressing table, so I have had jewellery hanging around all over the place, kept in random pots, and hung on plastic hooks, which unfortunately has not related to the perfectly styled shabby chic look.

So I looked to the good old interweb for some inspiration. There are lots of great ideas out there for displaying jewellery but I don't really have the right space for this yet, so was intrigued by The Little Black Dress Jewellery Organiser. I had a quick look around, and found the cheapest version on Betterware.
The fabric is a very thin black canvas, that slips onto any hanger like any other item of clothing. There are 39 plastic pockets on one side and then 24 hook and loop velcro tabs on the other side - oh the organising possibilities. 

I was able to add in all my costume jewellery earrings, and rings into the plastic pockets, and looped my bangles, rings and necklaces onto the velcro tabs. 
I also had some brooches and some stud earrings which I thought looked better pierced through the canvas towards the collar. 


 OK, so it is not the most aesthetically pleasing of displays, but I love the fact that it goes into my wardrobe, and once closed the clutter is gone. Not only that, it is going to be so much easier to find what I'm looking for including some of my favourites...

. Butterfly Necklace from Accessorize worn at my brothers wedding . Initial necklace from Topshop . Silver and blue ring given to me by my husband when I passed my GCSE's . Gold and Sapphire Ring my Grandmothers eternity ring, worn at my wedding as my something old and something blue .

15 minutes of my bank holiday Monday well spent!

If you have a great way of organising jewellery, let me know as I'm still looking for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment